All Natural Laundry Blend Washing Powder has been on our hit list for a long, long time. You’ll be amazed to know that many so called ‘Natural’ options out there are misleading and just not natural at all and leave you feeling really frustrated. Many skin sensitive, chemical sensitive or in fact scent sensitive people experience major issues after using commercial laundry detergents. I bet you’d love an alternative product that you can truly call “Natural”.
This hand crafted formula is simply called “Laundry Blend” and is made up of some good old fashioned ingredients that we know are natural plant and mineral based ingredients that actually work marvelously.
So what’s NOT IN THIS BLEND?
- No added colours or fragrance
- No artificial brighteners
- No sodium lauryl sulfate
- Phosphate free
- No added acids
- Enzyme free
- No fillers
Cool so far right? Well we just know you’re just busting to know what is in it, so here it is.
- Ground Coconut Soap – this is Ground Coconut Soap. Made from three simple ingredients – Organic Coconuts, Lye and water. Fat or oil, lye and water are the three base essential ingredients of any soap. Nothing extra.
- Sodium Percarbonate – Sodium Percarbonate is an oxygen booster. Whoever thought of this is a genius. It is hydrogen peroxide encased in washing soda. When added to hot water the dense oxygen within the hydrogen peroxide is released into the water. As an ingredient in this formula it reacts with & infuses all the ingredients with an enhanced oxygen boost wash.
- Washing Soda – Our Washing Soda is from a Natural source in the USA. Washing Soda is a key ingredient as a water softener in cottage & some commercial washing detergents. Hard water is water with high levels of minerals. Those minerals limit the sudsing/soaping of detergents. Washing Soda both cleans and softens water allowing the soap to clean effectively.
- Bicarb Soda – Good old Bicarb Soda, also known as Sodium Bicarbonate is a wonderfully effective cleaner used for generations by generations, as an all-purpose cleaner for all sorts of cleaning projects. Very effective in the wash, our Bicarb is of Natural origin, sourced from the USA.
- Borax – A natural product derived from Turkey. Borax is often understated in its application and effectiveness. It softens water, cleans and is a natural deodorant, but its other claim to fame is its effectiveness as an anti-fungal, anti-yeast, anti-mould, and its ability to neutralise fluoride in tap water.
Using a Top Loader
For best results part fill the machine with water. While it is filling add 1-2 scoops of laundry blend to a bucket and add 2 cups of very hot water. The hot water infuses the blend causing it to suds and rise. Swirl and mix in the bucket and add to the agitator or straight in the wash. Can wash on any temperature but for best results wash on warm -warm/hot cycle.
Using a Front Loader
If you own a front loader you would be aware some detergents & powders are not suited to front loaders since front loaders needs low sudsing cleaners. So, we need to say our All Natural Laundry Blend Washing Powder may not suit your front loader. Initially start with only a half scoop to assess its suitability to your machine and if ok, increase in increments until you find the amount suitable for your machine”.
Once you have determined the amount suited to your machine simply fill the detergent draw with that amount, and start the wash on hot to release the oxygen & activate the blend. Once mixed into the water switch to a lower temperature if you wish to.
The amount of our All Natural Laundry Blend Washing Powder needed per wash will vary from wash to wash depending on the machine size, the wash level. and level of soiling on clothes.
*Laundry Blend may cause colour-fast materials to run or fade. Be sure to pre-test the suitability of All Natural Laundry Blend Washing Powder to your application before use. We do not accept responsibility if the garment colour appears to fade after it’s washed or with repeated use.
This All Natural Laundry Blend Washing Powder does not contain any additional fragrance or scent, however if you’d like you can add your own by using natural essential oil, or you may like to take a look at our Laundry Washer Scent and Fabric Softener.